Advice please: cheapo source for light machine skate bearings?

If I were looking, I wouldn't bother. What are the chances of finding

16 (or 32) of the same bearings? So they're common - that doesn't mean that a mechanic will have a pile of them. Why would he keep them? Pull 'em off and throw them in the trash. I suppose that you might find a mechanic who wouldn't mind your going through his trash. And you might find a couple. Do that 8 -16 times and you'd have them. Not me.

Maybe if you tried you would find what you seek,

Have *you* ever gone to a mechanic looking for something like this? I have - it only took a few tries to get the message that they don't keep old parts and/or don't want to be bothered.

YMMV, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Hi John

I need to move my cncn mill across my shop and have started looking for some skates. I have a few pictures of some friends skates and I also have a solid works model of an idea I had to machien some from aluminum stock 4" x 6" that would hold 10 R10ZZ double shielded ball bearings 5/8 id x 1 3/8 od and .344 wide. These bearings are available on ebay for $0.66 each in 100 pc qty. Load capacity static axial =3D728 lbs Dynamic axial=3D1340 lbs

eBay item number is 7623141246

I will probably just use a piece of u channel like in the pictures

You can see the images at

Regards

bill griffin bill @ grifftek dot com

jmcman wrote: