Aeroquip fitting for 30mm ID hole?

I have an alloy automotive head casting I want to add an external oil drain to. It has a perfectly sited core plug of 30mm OD at the rear, into the bottom of the oil galleries. I have knocked this out, can anyone say what the nearest size Aeroquip type 90 degree male fitting is I can tap out to use please? Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

A 1 inch (-16 ) fitting is 1 5/16-12. Taps that big are pricey for one or two uses!

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I sold a tap like this a month ago

For sale is a set of two Butterfield 1 5/16-12 Taps. One is bottoming and another is taper. These taps are in excellent condition. All teeth are sharp and intact, no chips etc.

Reply to
Ignoramus25555

Chris,

Any competent machine shop has that tap ready to cut. Check your local speed shop and find the best head builder in the area. It's a simple job done all the time for dry sump apps.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
Rob Fraser