Air compressor

They're Quincys, I'm not sure where they ARE anymore...probably should change the oil! (kidding!)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Use some air, then shut everything else down and follow the low thumping sound. You'll find it back in the corner.

I wouldn't shift the setpoints, but if they all have magnetic starters consider wiring in a triplexer between all the pressure switches and starter coils to rotate the running order - first call starts them 1 - 2 - 3, second call goes 2 - 3 - 1...

And if they are all big piston units, when one dies look into a constant-run screw compressor with a VFD for the 'main unit' and save the piston jobs for backup. Will help your demand charge a Lot just by eliminating all the start surges.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman