Air Compressor

Hi guys,

About a year ago I assembled some parts to make myself a 60 gallon air compressor. After using it for a year I finally updated the compressor to be able to do some sandblasting. If your interested check out the web page.

Bernd

Reply to
Bernd

Nice job, a perfect fit for your motor. I must note that you basically built a new compressor, sans for the old salvaged tank. What was the total cost? Congrats.

By the way, here's mine:

I bought mine for $350. It is only a 3 HP unit, also 220V.

Ignoramus9874

The compressor was $449.95 plus $81.00 for truck freight. I think the motor was a bit over $100. Call it about at $800 spread out over time. I realy like it. It dosen't take long to get pressure up.

Nice deal. That motor looks pretty hefty for a 3HP. I see it's a single stage compressor. How is it for keeping up with air tools and such? Also you might want to keep the fan/flywheel further away from the wall for better air circulation. I think on the instructions that came with mine they said to keep it away at least 30" for better air flow.

Regards, Bernd

Reply to
Bernd

I see. Thanks.

Yes, that also surprises me, the motor seems much bigger than 3HP motors that I have seen on sale recently.

I am not sure how to tell that.

I do not yet have an air tool that the compressor could not keep up with. That includes a grinder and air blow guns.

Thanks. I dunno, the wall is on the supply side, which, I think, is not so crucial to move away. I will try to run the compressor for an extended period of time and see how hot is the pump.

Ignoramus21451

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Very easy. Both cylinders are the same size, also you have two intake filters. I can see that from the pictures. Also there is no line running from one cylinder to the second cylinder and then to the tank. A two stage has one large cylinder and then a pipe runs from that cylinder to the second, which is smaller. From there the line goes to the tank. Hope that helps some.

Bernd

Reply to
Bernd