Air line quick-disconnects for TIG argon

Stop by your local weld supply shop, they make some specifically for that, and they cost about the same.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

Does anyone see any problem with using generic air line quick-disconnect fittings between a TIG welder and the torch?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Sometimes it is just copacetic to do things the right way.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I suppose it's possible you could contaminate your shielding gas if the coupler had been used on a lubricated air line or was otherwise fouled. Other than that, I can't imagine it would cause any problems.

If you want to do this to switch torches, another option is the Y-valves with inert gas fittings made by Western.

Ned Simmons

The threads won't match. As others have said, you can get the right stuff at a welding supply or off the web. They also have quick- connects for the water supply, too. Adding them also adds potential areas for seal wear and leakage, though.

Stan

Reply to
stans4