Air Pressure Coolant System

Oil pumps from scrapted automobile engines are gear pumps and even have a rudimentary suction filter on a lot of them. The can have an extension shaft attached and you can drive it with any small motor.

As oil pumps are hardly ever replaced, they should be cheap.

Reply to
Grumpy

Shrug...do as you choose Bob. Everybody is free to set up their shop as they choose.

As for me..shrug..one of my lathes and one of the mills have $19 swamp cooler pumps on them and they gush out rather nicely. Head is about 3 feet and length is about 5-6 feet.

Castrol Ilocut goes through them nicely. I have about 40 gallons of the stuff, compliments of a company after a Westec about 8 yrs ago. I believe its about SAE10 weight. Maybe 5 weight.

Shrug. Keep us posted on your pressure oiler. It does sound interesting.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for existence.

- It is NOT fiscally responsible.

- It is NOT ethically honorable.

- It has started wars based on lies.

- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.

- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.

- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.

- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.

- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

...It no longer has valid reasons to exist. Lorad474

Reply to
Gunner Asch

And peristaltic pumps don't even have any contact between the pumper and the pumpee. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

I hadn't thought of that. Most are just driven off the distributor. Nothing like dropping that Ford pump rod in the oil pan eh? LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

[snip]

Make one.

Dig up a geared motor and build a peristaltic pump

A great gadget to have if you want to switch between coolants. Just swap the entire hose.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

The parts washers have something like a Little Giant pond pump in them, and they're pumping kerosene.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch