Ames lathe in parts

I've got an Ames lathe circa 1930-1940 torn down. It's complete except for a couple of little pieces I stole to fix up my newer Ames 3H. Now that the 3H is working, I can make the pieces & replace them in the older unit.

This is a 2nd operation (no threading) 8" swing with a headstock intended for 1-AM collets maximum size 1". It's been heavily used but not abused as far as I can see. There are misc collets for it with useful sizes like 3/8 and 1/2 and 1" but not a complete set.

Since I've got its big brother working pretty well, I don't need this one.

Would anyone have any idea if it would be useful to anyone? Would anyone pay anything for it?

I have no space left to store it so it's gotta go one way or another.

It's in the Boston area and would be about 200 pounds to ship it. Since it is disassembled it could go as 3 packages UPS or Fedex.

I would hate to throw it out!

geoff gwes at o a t d o t c o m

Reply to
gwes

I'll give it a good home! I sent you an email response.

Thanks

The Eternal Squire

Reply to
The Eternal Squire