Another One Bites the Dust

True, yet another monopoly running up the cost of health care.

"AGW"? Global Warming?

Not my issue, in this thread. Start another topic to discuss that. You'll find that I'm an economic conservative and am strongly against the spending programs of both major parties.

A byproduct of _both_ the Republicans and Democrats. By villifying only the Democrats you by essence defend the Republicans.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

What Tom is villifying is the vast majority of American's refusing to adopt the standard of living enjoyed in places like SE Asia and China. He apparently believes that cutting wages and benefits to match theirs is the only, or at least a desirable, way to compete. That policy is the policy of todays Republican Party if you listen to what they propose. No thinking conservative would ever embrace that and we don't. The proof that Tom and his fellows are full of it is Germany, a country that exports hugely, has higher labor and tax costs than the US does and generally enjoys a higher standard of living. That wouldn't be the case if Tom were right.

The really odd thing is the large number of Americans willing to vote against their own interests and support politicians who mouth Tom's nonsense.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

He was???

yeah, he was... a huge steaming pile of fail.

We haven't???

We are just slow to let you wreck the country.

Reply to
William Wixon

I'm game, educate me as to which political entities have raised corporate taxes? Corporations should not be taxed at all. They just pass it on as an expense and add a percentage for overhead and profit. Unions in the US are often detrimental to productivity and costs. Again these costs get passed on. You can't say "union" and "Republican" in the same sentence. In Japan, unions work well with management to control costs, boost productivity. They are paid better than US union people, not by coercion but by increased profitability. The US government is one of the biggest impediments to wealth creation and prosperity for it's people. Do you know nothing about the democrats' energy agenda using the AGW scam as a method to attain more power and money bilked from the people? I'm ashamed of the thieves and I'm ashamed at the people that blindly follow them. This country is NOT headed for Utopia.

Reply to
Buerste

Germany pays better wages because their employees are more productive because they don't have unions that blackmail management for the lowest possible production standards and protect unlivable workers. The German government isn't completely bought and paid for by unions. The German government strives to promote wealth creation in it's borders rather than drive it out. The German education system is far superior to the US with far less DM/pupil. Oh...it's you John...never mind. Go back to your Utopia creation.

I still have lots of relatives in Freiburg and I'll bet their energy prices don't triple nor will they spend trillions and trillions of borrowed money for nothing. I'd bet Freiburg would love another manufacturing plant.

Reply to
Buerste

Then Ban Lawyers.

Reply to
Poetic Justice

I see you've never worked in Germany. I have, and just getting onto the shop floor as a GM contractor to work on an experimental tool at Krauss-Maffei in Munich was serious heartburn. I was reminded of the times I've heard guys bellyaching about electriicians changing light bulbs in UAW organised auto plants.

Also, no worker is more productive dollar wise than an American. Productivity increases over the last thirty years have been astonishing. Equally astonishing is the same lack of growth in wage and benefit packages on the manufacturing floor during the same period. Wages and benefits have actualy declined in the face of a near tripling in productivity. You know this Tom which makes your stance equally astonishing as it flies in the face of well known facts.

There is that but they do it by protecting thier industrial base and economy with tarrifs and other devices. They do not, for example, allow the market to determine the number of imported vehicles. They also have national health care plans that keep insurance companies from breaking the backs of employers. They are taxed for this b ut you only pay taxes when there is a profit. GM would have seen it's operating costs decrease significantly had we something like that. Thay might even have been able to stay in business.

German parents are serious about their children and don't treat schools as baby sitting services. They remind me of Asian parents in this regard and even so they have periods of high unemployment with their young workers.

You should have asked them before responding Tom. They pay the highest electric rates in the world because they are subsidizing solar roof panels. Damned things are everywhere.

Try as you will Tom, you will never square your arguments with the reality that what has failed is America's leaders and leadership. A group you claim admission to by your comments.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

You ain't seen nothin yet! Failed leadership---it's here in spades!

Reply to
Buerste

If you are talking about the Wellstone Re-union, I think his friends made a mockery of it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Reagan was failure.

Conservatives just haven't figured it out yet.

They are slow learners.

Yep, Ronnie was the one who got the ball rolling for all the conservative claptrap that we've been listening to for the last 3 decades. They tried, and tried, and tried to get their right wing agenda passed and they were held back pretty well until the last Bush got elected. That's when they achieved everything they wanted ever since the "Reagan Revolution" began. As we have all witnessed first hand their "plan" was a failure. Deregulation, tax cuts, globalism, proved to be disastrous to this country. Too bad the lousy results haven't been enough to convince conservatives that their right wing ways don't work. After seeing some of the Sunday political shows it's clear that the republicans don't understand that they failed. They keep telling Obama he needs to listen to them and follow their recommendations. Lucky for us that's not going to happen. When he makes a mistake he quits doing it. Unlike the republicans who keep making the same mistake over and over even after you show them it's wrong. Man!, with that kind of thinking it's no wonder they mucked things up.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

amusing.

He was???

We haven't???

We are just slow to let you wreck the country.

Us wreck the country! What the f*ck are you talking about? You and your right wing gang just did a number on us like nobody's business. But you're worried about what someone else might do? What an idiot. If you had any brains you would be pissed at the people who caused the damage not the ones you THINK might do some harm. But, hey, that would mean you could see past your own biases, which is obviously way beyond your ability. But then you wouldn't be a right winger if you could see things the way they really are. By the way, do us a favor and end your posts with the sig "ditto".

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

You're an imbecile.

Reply to
HH&C

message

No you fool, the failed leaders just left in January.

Reply to
Hawke

Cheezy...you are the one who is mentally challenged.

A liberal way of saying you are the stupid one.

TMT

These bone heads can't even admit it was the last administration that caused the problems the new guy is trying to fix. Maybe it's because they fully supported the failed Bush regime, and maybe it's because they can't admit they backed a real loser, or maybe it's because they are just too stupid to even comprehend the damage the republicans did to the country. But whatever the reason they just won't face the facts. It's the cowardly streak in them that makes them so afraid to man up and admit they were wrong. I see this in conservatives every day. They make a big show about being tough and all that but the truth is they can't even say they were wrong even when it's obvious. It's like the guys who won't say they are sorry no matter what they have done. It's a streak of cowardice. It takes a man to own up to a mistake. You see how they avoid that like the plague. Add that to their hypocrisy and you can plainly see what pathetic asses they are.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Please use the "reply" button in your newsreader to maintain the attributes. Reading your responses is painful trying to discern where the previous poster left off and your response begins.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Watch your mouth, people might mistake you for Smudge.

Doofus, you forgot that I supported Bush taking out Saddam. No bias involved. It was the right thing to do.

Reply to
HH&C

That only makes sense. If he were to do that, the content still wouldn't make sense, though.

That's true when he's replying to Tool or some other far left nut job, but not when he's replying to me.

Reply to
HH&C