Another One Bites The Dust

Looks like Manhattan Train & Hobby in New York City is gone. I placed an order in November, got a cofirmation, but then nuthin'. No
merchandise, no response to emails, no returned phone calls...ho hum. Caveat Emptor.

Their website is still up and gives no indication that they're going/gone out of business: http://www.manhattantrains.com /
-- Bill McC.
Did you call them on the phone?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Look,I know that getting burned is no fun but you don`t know even how to get this hobby shop on line! I mean is what you ordered and maybe paid for that expensive? Think in terms of owner senerios-a family or personal illness,a bussiness trajedy,fire perhaps or home emergency or any number of unforsence occurances. I`ve had a friend and hobby shop owner,Paul drop dead of a heart attack. An unforsence occurance! His wife Terri now has to step up and run the bussiness. A transition in that she allways had left it to Paul and now the club members are all takin turns helping but there are still those who want hobby-on-demand items-no transition or compation! 2 years later in the health club Terri does a nose first and the relatives have no clue as to bussiness and in a year and a half later Paul`s Hobbies that was a staple in Norwalk Ohio for allmost 20 years is no more! Wait and be patient as that your hobby dealer, is that Manhatten Train and Hobbies,is a real human just like all of us! FROM: A FELLOW MODELER AND HUMAN LAST I LOOKED! snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

There seem to be alot of train shop owners having heart attacks. This is the third I read about in a year.
DRIFTER1350 wrote:

The matter has been turned over to law enforcement and will be dealt with. Your local police may not bother but mine will. snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

On 22 Dec 2006 05:34:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Sounds similar to my experience. I have dealt succesfully with them in the past several years, but I placed an order in October for two Atlas S-1's. My account was never charged, emails and telephone calls go unanswered.
Their web page is still up, last time I looked, but no response.
It's a better situation than Hobby Circle. They took me for $100.00 and tanked. I couldn't even get satisfaction out of PayPal.
Richard Albuquerque