Antique electrical vault - Pictures

1918 flu. Ebola: 1500 dead; 1918: 50,000,000 - 100,000,000 dead
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

You scored a clean win

Ignoramus21834

But, if you drive a motor vehicle on public roads you are doing exactly that. Unless you believe that air bags will save you in a head on collision at a 140 MPH closing speed.

Reply to
John B. Slocomb

the 1000 volt circuits he mentioned are probably for elevator service. Extremely long flexible cables!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

A modern spare main electrical room is always nice (costly, of course), but live service never has to be interrupted - or the interruption takes considerably shorter time, if any - while you work on the first room.

I'm just so, so sure. I don't know who is better known in here for gimp and recycling issues than ig. Do you?

I wonder. How did he feel with all those big bulky heavy solid copper bus and breakers just staring at him? How'd he feel being around all that 500 wire?

(I'd love for him to say)

Reply to
walter_evening

Not sure what the date is, I could not find the date.

Ignoramus29500

On 08/31/2014 9:27 AM, Ignoramus29500 wrote: ...

No reason to know but looks much older than that to my eye...

What's it powering, ig? Tag says was built for a printing/publishing company--is it associated with that gear or is it just general building service as another hypothesized?

Reply to
dpb

Ebola: 1,500+ dead so far, just appeared in two more countries. The final score isn't even close to in yet. This Ebola strain seems to be both more contagious and less lethal than previous outbreaks both of which give it a lot more potential to spread. Combine that with the ease of international travel these days and the Fat Lady isn't even warming up yet.

Reply to
Pete C.

At 240 Volts it's more of a shock hazzard than a kill you dead hazzard if you touch it. Now if you would short it out, it looks to be enough current there to cause quite a large arc flash, that could lead to some nasty burns or eye damage.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Further:

The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is much worse than official figures show, and other countries are unintentionally making it harder to control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Tom Frieden told CNN on Tuesday. "We've seen outbreaks of Ebola before. This is the first epidemic spreading widely through many countries, and it is spiraling out of control," said Frieden, who recently returned from a trip to the region. "It's bad now, much worse than the numbers show. It's going to get even worse in the very near future."

Reply to
Pete C.

Didn't Iggy scrap a big web press recently? Perhaps removing more scrap from the facility?

Reply to
Pete C.

On 9/2/2014 11:59 AM, Pete C. wrote: ...

I agree that Ebola will get much worse. I was going for brevity in my post. And felt that even at "much worse", it will not approach the 50 to 100 MILLION lost to the flu. That would be 50,000 times worse.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Could be, would be interesting to know just what its function is (or was altho said much if not all is still hot iiuc)...

Reply to
dpb