Anybody have a tracer mill?

I'm still planning on duplicating 4 cams that are 3' dia. by 1/4" thick, in

8 truncated pie sections each. I was told by the top guys here to either run the G-code again on a CNC mill or find a tracer mill. My bud sold his CNC mill and I can't find a guy with a tracer mill here in town. Unless there's a better way. So, the ideal is somebody with the time and tooling and hasn't PLONKED me yet...might be time to change identities, any suggestions?
Reply to
Tom Gardner

--Did you really mean a cam that measures three *feet* in diameter?

Reply to
steamer

Did you ever consider farming it out to a water jet machine, or even a cnc plasma cutter? My steel supplier would cut that for a very reasonable price and supply the steel plate. The plasma holds tol. of better than a 1/32on the stuff they do for me. Water jet will hold a lot better than that.

John

Reply to
John

I'll check it out, thanks!