Anyone convert horizontal / vertical bandsaw to stand mount?

Is there a way to mound a horizontal bandsaw on a stand? Obviously, this means not using the bolt-on legs that come with it. Any preferences as to a source for the stand?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I put mine on a Craftsman roll-around tool cart. It's on risers (two lengths of 3"-square steel tubing) with a chip tray under it.

What's nice about using the tool cart is that I can keep the saw in an out-of-the way place when it's not in use, then pull it out a bit when I need to use it. Or wheel it into the middle of the floor when I need lots of room to work in.

Tove

Reply to
Tove Momerathsson

I did this once upon a time. I don't remember what I used for the actual horizontal surface but I remember I had to bevel cut 4 little pieces of angle iron and weld them to the stand, to bolt to the inside of the saw's base casting.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I replaced the junk wheels with lawnmower wheels and connected their axle bolts with threaded rod, and that extra reinforcement stiffened the base quite a bit.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

My slightly larger one has a saw table that bolts on. One raises it to 90 and lock it down there. bolt on. Liquid is a bit like not available in that mode.

Mart> Is there a way to mound a horizontal bandsaw on a stand? Obviously,

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I welded up a stand for mine out of rectangular tubing. It was one of the better afternoon projects I've done. As you've obviously discovered, the stand that comes with the saw is worthless. My welded stand turned it into a much more useful tool. I have a pair of 6" wheels on one end and legs and a handle on the other, so it is easy to move around. And I made a pair of wooden stands the same height as the table of the saw to support long tubing. All and all, it makes for a very satisfactory system.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster