Anyone have a use for die knives?

My dad is now 76 and getting to the point where its time to clear out some stuff (He has shit loads) Anyhow he gave me a box of Die Knives, these are/were used to make boxboard cutting, perfing, scoring dies used in a crash or letterpress. My dad was a package designer years ago. The knives are 30" long about 1" in height and vary in thickness, some are cutting others are for scoring or perfs. They can be shaped, he gave me the bender that uses small dies to shape the blades. I plan to keep the bender for small things. The knives are hard steel but can be formed.

Reply to
wayne mak

Would you know what steel these are made of?

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

According to wayne mak :

I'm potentially interested in some, at least, to make dies for cutting out concertina bellows panels. I've always wanted to build a bellows the right way, and this would give me a start.

Let me know price and shipping (to Virginia) for the cutting ones. I don't see a need for scoring or perfs ones.

My e-mail is valid as it stands.

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols