Anyone have a water based homebrew formula for a mister?`

Anyone have a homebrew formula for a coolant mister using water or cheap liquid?

CoolMist etc etc is pricy for the few times I use it, and it goes bad in the tank between uses.

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age... I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity, bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity, fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We *assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation to keep the State out of the church business, we've destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*. Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

Reply to
Gunner

I haven't tried this, but here it is, from Machinery's Mechanical Library, Vol 2, Planing and Milling, Franklin D. Jones, 1915:

"1 pound of sal soda (carbonate of soda), 1 quart of lard oil, 1 quart of soft soap, and enough water to make 10 or 12 gallons. This mixture is boiled for one-half hour, preferably by passing a steam coil through it. The soap and soda in this solution improve the lubricating quality and also prevent the surfaces from rusting."

Reply to
ATP

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

See: "Kool Mist 77 secret ingredient = ethanolamine ?"

This might be what is in Easy-Off "non-fume" spray oven cleaner.

You are diluting it, right? At under $1/gallon for something you use a few drops/minute, you must be on a tight budget.

Kool Mist shouldn't go bad. Maybe you have something contaminating it?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Gunner, Aim the airjet from your coolmist system right at the cutter flutes, It will keep the chips from getting in the way, and keep your cutter cool. I wanted to clear chips, and found out by accident that the cutter stays cool. I don't use mist anymore. Paul

Reply to
6e70

I built a fog buster and all I had at hand to use in it was ATF and it seems to do the job just great. If it keeps working as well as it seems, I will never change to anything else. I have a gallon and I think that it'll last an awful long while.

Reply to
Bill Darby