Anyone know of NEWS brand toolings etc

I have a rotary table horizontal type, of 10" diam made by NEWS, in Japan. Seems like good quality and its probably close to 40 or more years old. Other than the center section of the table being kind of doggy from missuse it is very tight and has virtually no backlash or slop. Any good ideas on refinishing the tables top surface. I suppose it could be ground or turned, but not by much as it would be getting pretty close to hitting the tables clamps. Anyone ever turn or grind a rotary table top. The majority of the table is in fine shape and in most cases would be more than accurate enough to support most jobs ever done on it, but I hate seeing those scars from misuse. Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy