Anyone seen Michael Terral in a while?

I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch
17:38:55 -0700 in misc.survivalism:

    I think it was George Orwell who observed that the English Anarchists were only able to believe and behave so, because of the Royal Navy.
    Several years ago, when the anarchists came to "protest" the World Trade Organization meetings in Seattle, the thought occurred "What would they have done if the Police had agreed that the laws were just arbitrary constructs and had no real meaning?" Freedom! Freedom to beat the unwashed anarchists into bad health!     I think that was last demonstrated in Chicago in 1968.
cheers pyotr - pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Nope. Miami - 2004.
--
John R. Carroll

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:38:55 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

And you've never heard of The Right to Keep And Bear Arms, is that it?
Thanks, Rich
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:15:30 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

Out of toilet paper?
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:15:30 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

I see you failed to comprehend my post.
Pity
Gunner
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:15:30 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

How many live in your house and how many live in your neighbors barracks?
Gunner
I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch
19:24:59 -0700 in misc.survivalism:

    Far too few of them recognize the need for an organization to give candidates for higher office some practical experience before they move up. If Obama wasn't so far left, and allied with the democrat party, he'd be a "perfect" libertarian: no experience for the job he sought and was elected to. If the GOP had not gotten deservedly skunked, Obama would be in the same position as a Libertarian Party Candidate - no body on the Hill to help his program, nobody in Governor Mansions to speak up for The Cause. - pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:23:15 -0700, HH&C wrote:

Anarchy? Really? Or just some race riot or something? They are FAR from the same thing. That's the problem - people overreact and think "no king" means riots and rapes and murders and arson and all manner of evil things.
That simply is not true.
Oh, sure, there'd be some troublemakers for awhile, but they'd be shot in pretty short order (Remember? "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?), and the rest of us could get about the business of our day-to-day lives.
Why do you need some Washington bureaucrat to tell you when to wipe your own ass?
Hope This Helps! Rich
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:31:14 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@green.rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

There are no anarchistic nations on earth.

Ha! Did you really intend to say that?

Anarchy is a great principle but probably unworkable until the playing field is flat. That does not mean that one shouldn't pursue the goals of anarchism, freedom, don't fuck with others, live in peace, do good by others, etc. Minarchy might be workable, I've given up on libertarianism.
--
Regards, Curly
(Edward A. Falk)

Anarchism is based on the same kind of sophomoric utopianism as communism. It assumes that everybody will play nice because they'll recognize the philosophical beauty of it all.
The difference is that anarchism would collapse into gory chaos a lot faster, without a structured system of terror like communism employed to keep the lid on.

You're making progress. As you recognize the failings of other systems, eventually you'll get to liberal democracy and realize that's about as good as you can hope for. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:04:56 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

While that may be your opinion, it is definitely not so. In Anarchism each of us has an inalienable right to self-defense which includes the level of force required to prevent intervention into our lives. That includes lethal force if necessary and the banding together of like minded individuals to overcome a larger force.
Sounds a lot like the Founding Fathers, no?

That is one possible scenario but not necessarily the case. Here in Argentina, where I live, the society is very close to anarchy. There is no violence in the streets or "gory chaos." It works very well. Let me give an example.
In a neighboring barrio was a bad guy. He beat his family, was often drunk, abused his neighbors, etc. One day a few of his neighbors took him down with prejudice. After he healed sufficiently to walk his behavior was markedly different.
Good people banding together can solve situations that a legal government cannot.

We disagree. A "democracy" is the tyranny of the majority, two wolves and a sheep voting on the menu. Every democracy in history has eventually turned cannibalistic. The USA is headed well down that path.
--
Regards, Curly
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 03:25:01 GMT, Curly Surmudgeon

What is Somalia?

Moderation is for monks."

A Theocracy.

--
Regards, Curly

A shithole, like a bunch of other anarchistic nations.

I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch
10:58:35 -0700 in misc.survivalism:

    Amoral familial tribalism. "me vs my brother, my brother and I against the cousins. My family vs the clan, the clan vs the tribe." There is nothing higher than the tribe.     It is no "crime"to lie to an outsider, or take their goods (women are, of course, just goods), or even their lives. "They" don't count as people, really.
    The transnational progressives believe in the Family of Man, but seem incapable of accepting that for most people, the "Family of Man" extends as far as the limits of blood and marriage go - and no further. - pyotr filipivich With a tight organization with a clear doctrine, coupled with strong party discipline - I think we could bring about complete anarchy!
I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Zombywoof
-0400 in misc.survivalism:

    Tribal warlordism. Multiple tribes too. There is little if any effective formal Government. But there is a hierarchy - the tribes elders. Most of whom are of the opinion of if only those idiots would get out of the way and let someone with Smarts, Ability and the right heritage take over, Somalia would be a great country again.
    Most people mistake Anarchism as that espoused by the loud mouth sort. A good anarchist is able to rule himself, and is not concerned by the follies of mortal men, and their political apparatus. Of course, that also requires the anarchist to have an understanding of what is good behavior, as well as being able to articulate it. "Tear it all down, and order will spontaneously arise out of the chaos" is not a political theory, but insanity. - pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:31:14 +0000, Edward A. Falk wrote:

That's what the Right to Keep and Bear arms is about.
Just look at the "bullies join[ed] together to form a gang" who are working in Washington, DC., destroying Freedom in America as fast as their little deficit spending legs can carry them. =:-O
Thanks, Rich
I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Richard the
24 Aug 2009 21:58:33 GMT in misc.survivalism:

    As such it is utopia, Erehwon, a fantasy. Because the flip side of "nobody is able to tell you to do something" is that there is also nobody able to tell someone to not do something to you." That is chaos - "An-archy" - without structure. A lack of government is not an "An archy", just chaos. It is also possible to have many laws and an anarchy. If you cannot know who the law will be applied this week, or what changes are being proposed, passed and set "into law" - how can you live a stable life?

    Well, you missed that by a bit. The country was not founded to have no structure or government, it was not colonized by people who wanted no structure. Boston and environs were called "new England" because that was exactly what they had in mind: to establish a New England, Purified of the errors of the old. And if heretics and unbelievers were unable to conform, they were sent packing.     It was recognized by the founders that an essential to a properly functioning government was an educated and moral people - that is to say, they had been taught right and wrong from childhood. Train up a child in the way, and when they are old it will not depart from them.
    What gets ignored by so many neo-anarchists, libertarians and other who insist on their "rights" is that rights come with duties. (Not to mention that you have rights to do, not to get. You have the right to your own opinion, you do not have a right to have someone else publish it.)
    The saying is old "I'm an adult, I can act like a child any time I want" - but that also implies that you recognize childish behavior when you do it.
hope this helps
pyotr - pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.

All through grammar school, my report card would say "doesn't work up to potential...always looking for the easy solution" Now, people PAY me LOTS of money to find "easy" solutions for them. What's that book? "Everything I Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten" something like that.
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:59:27 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Ive never left a man behind.
Hang in there bro.
Gunner