Anyone seen Michael Terral in a while?

Ive not see the old fart around in a couple weeks.

Anyone know if he is ok or not? Or did his stack of donated computers tip over on him?

I worry about our posters who are having medical issues.

Gunner

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' Theodore Ro osevelt 1907

Reply to
Gunner Asch

He's over in sci.electronics.design today.

Hey whats it mean when your sig line is longer than your post? : )

Reply to
Polyp

It means its a cool sig!

Thanks for the heads up. I worry about our people.

[...]

I had a severe infection and needed oral surgery early last month. It took a month on antibiotics to knock out the infection after the oral surgery, because I was so run down.

I was wondering where I was going to get the money to pay for the surgery when I received a $250 stimulus payment, that was given to some disabled Veterans this year. The bill was $325 but when I went to pay it the receptionist told me that the surgeon told her to knock $100 off the bill because "He's a good man, who has already suffered enough". I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say.

The remaining $25 paid for the pain medicine, and some soft food I could eat for the first four days. BTW, the Publix Supermarket chain will fill a prescription for oral antibiotics, for free.

While I was recovering, something started knocking out my wireless network for 45 minutes or more at a time. I had to move my cable modem & router from the tiny cottage I had been sleeping in, to the main house to get back on line. Of course, it was raining every day. All that put me weeks behind in reading my newsgroups and e-mail. :(

I don't stack anything over four feet deep, and monitors are only stacked three deep. ;-)

Thank you. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Welcome back to the living, Michael!

Reply to
cavelamb

The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated. Seriously, though, oral surgery sucks. Been there, done that, going for more soon. FWIW, Shoprite supermarket pharmacies also fill antibiotic prescriptions for free.

Reply to
rangerssuck

When I accompanied my position from the field in to regional office, I was told by my supervisor that as part of my annual appraisal, I should write up a short statement of my goals. I produced:

  1. Find out what I'm supposed to be doing.
  2. Do it.
  3. Get paid for doing it.
4.Keep the pile of paperwork down to the level where I would stand a chance of survival should an avalanche occur.

He framed it and mounted it on the wall of his office and wrote up a more PC set for the record.

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Thanks. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My job was to make sure we shipped a quality product on time, no matter who I had to piss off.

I had my boss tell me that I could be a real pain in the ass. I reminded him that whenever there was a special telemetry job like a NOAA, NASA or ESA project, I had to drop whatever I was working on to take care of it because I was 'So damn picky'. He turned red and walked away. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's brilliant in its simplicity. At the moment, my work goal is to keep as many people happy as possible, while maintaining some sanity.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Sanity"??? You brag of being a Mor(m)on!

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Every time my wife complains that I'm a picky fussbudget, I tell her that's why I married her.

Peace ensues...

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

All through grammar school, my report card would say "doesn't work up to potential...always looking for the easy solution" Now, people PAY me LOTS of money to find "easy" solutions for them. What's that book? "Everything I Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten" something like that.

Reply to
rangerssuck

At least she doesn't ask, "Do these pants make my butt look big? No matter what you say, you're in trouble. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ive never left a man behind.

Hang in there bro.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You brag about being a libertarian and an anarchist simultaneously.

Reply to
HH&C

You sound like you believe that anarchy is "bad." It simply means, "No ruler", i.e., each person acts on their own Free Will, and government is unnecessary.

i.e., Liberty. AKA Freedom, which is what America was supposed to be about in the first place.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

The cockroach has his own Mor(m)on Dictionary.

Nice to know somebody "gets it."

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

I've seen anarchy. It's ugly.

Not in practice.

Appreciate the comments, but utopia does not exist.

Reply to
HH&C

Which is why Libertarians never seem to win any elections. Far too many of them equate Anarchy with Liberty.