Anyone seen this yet? 1911 Animation

fascinating

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Well if you want to do it the easy way....yeah sure.

Then there's the hammer and anvil method....

Reply to
GatherNoMoss

Quite a labor of love to model all of that. Weeks of work.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

That isn't how MINE goes together! I didn't see any springs magically exiting the vicinity. Nor did I see any left-over parts.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Wow!

Reply to
Don Foreman

In a long and illustrious career as a 1911 builder and repairer and Bishop in the Church of John Moses Browning (praised be his name!), Ive only had to replace one overhead florescent tube as the result of a miscreant recoil spring plug.

Though..I did have a Mossberg 22 magazine tube spring take out a matched pair of tubes once.....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

See

I made this simple tool out of delrin. It enables pushing in the recoil spring plug with positive control (and no hurty fingers) while allowing the barrel bushing to be rotated for disassembly. Haven't had the spring come even close to getting away from me so far. It may need to be adapted for some models; the 1911 I made this for (Springfield loaded) has a full length guide rod.

Praises be to John Moses Browning and pass the ammmo, hallelujah and amen...

Reply to
Don Foreman

I got a lecture at a shop once for taking the magazine tube cap off an older mossberg 590. I had no idea the older ones didn't have a plate that until dislodged keeps the magazine spring in place. The spring was easy enough to find, and din't get knotted up too bad and luckily the shell follower dropped near my feet.

Whoops.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader