anyone use 6' 6" bandsaw blades?

I have some new Starrett bandsaw blades that are 6'6" that don't fit my saw, if someone could use them I will get a count as to how many I have and a tooth discription. I would be willing to trade or sell for a reasonable price.

Reply to
Wayne

I bought a bunch of bandsaw blades for my saw that were 12" too long. I cut out the excess length and brazed them back together using a simple jig. I've only had one joint break, and that was easy to redo.

Earle Rich Mont Vernon, NH

Reply to
ERich10983

I just made up a bigger holder for the bandsaw blades. Works great. No need to mess them up with cutting.

my 2 cents

Reply to
xman Charlie

I have also cut bandsaw blades to hacksaw blade lengths and drilled holes to make beefy hacksaw blades. Best if they have quite a few teeth per inch.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

I have a blade that I want to do that to - have an old meat saw that is 'out of spec length'. The current blade will go in the Gersh box to archive. Was my Grandfather on my wife's side. He was the Meat cutter.

OBTW - if cut - he would pour some ammonia on the cut and keep working. The ammonia killed the spores and germs... He even cut a tip of a finger off - poured it on fitted it back and wrapped it with a clean meat wrap and taped it on. It healed just fine - some loss of feeling.

Tough type back then - but I thought the ammonia would be good info for all to hear.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn