Anyone with a Machinest's Handbook out there?

Please look up the strength of a 3/4" black iron pipe thread.

Thanks

Reply to
Stu

Jeez Stu, this is the 3rd time in the last 10 days that you've posted this question. Give it a break. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Here's a crazy idea -- go into the shop and TEST it be careful you don't get your hands dirty I also strongly set p your test in such a way as to prevent injury

Reply to
Jon Grimm

Spoken like an engineer. Book values can be taken out of context. I wouldn't want someone in a usenet forum asking me to report the strength of elevator cable.

By the way, the general idea is that threaded structures are designed to be "stronger" in the threads than in the adjacent part. i.e. the bolt will yield and fail somewhere other than the thread. And the nut is stronger than the head. but that assumes that the threaded part is assembled correctly ! ! Remember the Kansas City Hyatt??

Brent Wegher

Reply to
bw