Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

"Your claim is in progress. At this time we're unable to locate a service provider. We're working on it — we'll update you soon.​"

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Okay, so Asurion didn't seem to do anything or be in any hurry to do anything other than blow me off until I contacted them. Actually they continued to try to string me along until I pointed out that if they were unable to provide service as indicated by their own website many of their liability disclaimers may be invalid. That continuing to shine me on might even be "bad faith" which can have punitive damages. Within seconds I received a notice by email identifying the company who would be providing service. It could just be coincidence.

After receiving the name of the service company I didn't hear anything until this morning.  The name of the company included the last name of a buddy of mine.  I dropped him a text to ask if they were related to him, but I think he is out of the country right now.  I did hear from the company this morning, and they asked me what I think is wrong.  I told them based on the hundreds of reports of issues with this exact motor on IR compressors, the mfg date of the compressor, and the symptoms the motor is "bad."  The said they could come over and "check it" or they could see if they can just get an approval for a new motor and come over after it arrives.  I mentioned that I had already ordered a replacement motor and if my motor arrived I was going to install it so I would not be out of service for a week.  I'd keep which ever motor arrives second as a spare.  They said, "No problem.  Do what you have to do.  Just keep the motor you take off for us."  I like the attitude of the service company.  Its been a long time since I have said that.  Unlike Asurion the tech I spoke with was 100% open to the fact I had a clue I knew what I was talking about. I didn't even have to mention my "bonafides."

P.S. I did also drop a message off to US Motors asking if there was any difference between the IR J21C and their D20C which appears to have exactly identical specs. I do not expect a response, but if I do I'll let you know.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I ran afoul of Asurion a number of years ago; they handled a roadside assistance service provided by Telus. practicaly every instancewhen I tried to get assistance took at least two hours of effort on my part often with simultaneous calls on separate telephone lines, eventually they flatly refused to provide any service or even discus the service plan with me.

Reply to
Gerry

ZERO STARS...

This is a continuation of a problem getting a light industrial compressor repaired under a service contract with Asurion. They selected Meza's Small Engine.

MEZA'S SMALL ENGINE can join the list. Sigh.

Now at just over two weeks and they were supposed to show up today with a new motor. They didn't show up, so at the end of the day I called them to see if they were just running late. Nope. They weren't coming and they knew they weren't coming this morning. The guy who answered said their reason for coming to Yuma today canceled and he meant to call me, but he forgot. I thought the reason he was coming to Yuma today was to bring me a new motor for my compressor. A week ago when they didn't show they claimed they had just that day gotten approval to order the motor. Today I asked if they atleast had the motor. They say they do. I was a bit peeved, but his response was basically (paraphrasing) tough. See you next week.

That will put it at over three weeks... if they show up.

I called Asurion who told me they didn't understand as the service company had indicated the repair was already complete. I blew a gasket.

TO BE CLEAR THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE. They have never been to my shop once. They were supposed to be here two weeks ago to check out the compressor. They just called me to ask what the problem was. They were supposed to be here last week, but they claimed they had only that day gotten approval to order the new motor the compressor needs. They were supposed to be here today. They decided for some reason not to come, and they meant to call me this morning... but they forgot.

Asurion wants me to just be patient and wait while they see why the company reports the service call as complete. "Be patient!" they guy said more than once. Asurion was pretty bad, but this service company makes them look worse.

Reply to
Bob La Londe