Bad Servo on KMB1 ElectroCraft 07 02 03 049

That's basically what I expected, but I didn't see "the little black box." I need to follow the wires and see. There is a circuit board with some transistors next to the transformer and some large caps that look about right. I was expecting to see diodes. Maybe I need to look at it in daylight with the overhead door open. Or just throw some power on the transformer and see where I get DC.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Oh, yeah! Its definitely beyond my concept of repair. I got the coupler and mounting plate off the motor, and I could see the plug that holds the springs washers and bearing in tight was pushed out. Thinking this might be a repair suitable for a learning experience on the mini lathe (bore hole, rethread, and make a new plug), but when I got the end cap off I found the casting around the shaft was broken and the shaft was pushed forward. This motor definitely took a blow, and not a glancing one. I guess I could send it to somebody and hope they give me a couple dollars off for a replacement, but this one is crumbled toast. I suspect I would be beter off just to save the parts for some future project and take the winding to the recycler.

Reply to
Bob La Londe