base boards

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Metal baseboards?
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Michael A. Terrell presented the following explanation :

Must be if the post is in RCM. lol
--
John G

I've seen 'em.
Long ago, while house shopping, I looked at a house of Lustron Steel construction. Everything, inside and out, was built out of enameled steel panels.
Paul K. Dickman
"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

Lustron is out of business, and a lot of the prefab houses have been scrapped.. They even came with built in appliances. A nasty old jerk that used to post on rec.antiques.radio+phono lived in one. Luckily, macrosoft killed off Dweeb TV, and he refuses to use a computer.
http://www.dialcover.com/lustron.html
All made out of recycled, enameled bathtubs no doubt. ;-)
I saw an old gas station being remodled with panels like the Lustron. It covered the outside of a 50+ year old building. It would probably have cost them less to build a new building by the time they took out the wall to the garage area and turned it into a convenience store.
Have you ever seen one of the prefab Checker's restaurants? They set it up like a triplewide mobile home and are open a week after the work starts.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

It was pretty amazing in that White Castle restaurant kind of way. Every thing was modular and screwed together, The kitchen cabinets, the bathroom sink.
Even the furnace matched and slid into enameled steel ducts.
Paul K. Dickman
"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

I wonder if they would survive a hurricane anywhere near the coastline?
I like the houses that look like a flying saucer. They had built in appliances that matched the design, as well.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:16:23 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"

How was the AM/FM/TV reception inside?
Gunner
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Gunner Asch wrote:

I would think it would be pretty bad. The plates aren't bonded, so what leaks in around the seams will bounce around inside and cause lots of ghosting. Like an old mobile home with an aluminum skin.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

The thing that I wondered about, was what would the place be like in a hailstorm. It was probably like sticking your head in a tin drum and letting a 3yr old have at it.
Paul K. Dickman