Batteries

We've had several discussions about batteries for calipers, etc. I went shopping locally for some and got a severe case of sticker shock. So, I went on line and found this website:

I got 20 batteries (5 CR2032, 5 SR44SW and 10 LR44) for a little over twelve bucks, including shipping.

They seem to be good folks to deal with...

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

Imagine my surprise when a friend, who had started a jewelry supply business, sold me small batteries for under 40 cents each when they were asking over $2.50 each in the stores. Small, precision batteries appear to be one of the products that have a *generous* profit margin. Like prescription drugs.

Thanks for the tip. The key to success here is to order a few of any you may need in the immediate future. Use three or four of them and the rest are actually free as compared to buying at Radio Shack.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I find ebay works well for batteries too.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I typically buy mine from Mcmaster Carr. They aren't quite this cheap, but you get good quality batteries.

I did a lot of research on button cells at work, and there is a HUGE variation between brands. If you are using them for a typical low current application, it may not make much difference. If the device draws significant current in pulses, the internal resistance between brands can vary by a factor of two or three, and the rate at which the resistance climbs as they are discharged also varies a lot.

At least for the small cells (CR1620) I was testing, Maxell was the best. The first batch of Everready's was good as well, but they changed their design and the present ones are not nearly as good. Varta was also pretty good, as were Panasonic. Sony's & Rayovac's weren't that good.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Too expensive, I went to a $2 shop and bought a pack of 24 alkaline button cells - 4 each of 6 types for would you believe $2 Oz / $1.56 US. So far I have used a 364 in a watch and a 357 in digital calipers 22 to go. I think I have had my value as a 357 is $2.50 in a KMart Alan, in Gosnells, Western Oz. VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 6174

Reply to
alan200

According to :

[ ... ]

Bear in mind that the Alkaline 357 batteries have a *much* shorter life in something like a digital caliper than a Silver Oxide SR-357. So -- compare the prices with perhaps a factor of four life difference.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols