"Bench" grinder anyone?

Not mine, but saw this and had to pass it along to the group. I particularly like the part about "have a Detroit Diesel generator that will power it, willing to make a package deal...!"

Just the thing if you have any battleship shaft couplings that need touching up.

Regards,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Ignoramus19023

someone *really* needs to take a picture of themself touching up a 1/8" toolbit with that hog

Reply to
Fred R

Having lost a buddy to a high pressure tank accident nearly 50 years ago I get a funny feeling every time I see a bottle standing up like that without a safety strap. At least that one has its shroud screwed on, but I still don't like seeing it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

We have one at work that is almost as large. The wheels are around 14 inches in diameter. They are very inefficient compared to a three or four inch wide belt grinder driven by a three phase motor. It sits by our drill press so I never have to worry about people grooving the wheels and it is right handy for sharpening larger bits. As for removing material nothing seems to beat a belt. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Browsing through other stuff, and came across the following on Ebay. A variety of 7 tool holders and one setter, each individually listed starting at item # 7588898082.

30 Taper Collet Chuck, NMTB , Quick Change, w/ DA300 Co

Seller = lathesplus

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to