Bending Question

Larry, could you explain how you arrive at 7%? My convoluted math says that a springback of 36" greater than the form radius (42") is 85.7% of the original radius (42"). This was, in fact, my original question, how to calculate springback.

Reply to
Gary Brady

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:38:14 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gary Brady quickly quoth:

Har! That's a darned good question. I think I read the 78" as the diameter, then multiplied the 42 by 2, and 78/84 is 93ish percent, or a 7% spring. I'm awake now, though.

--- Is it time for your medication or mine?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm beginning to believe that this is seat-of-the-pants art rather than science.

Reply to
Gary Brady

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:36:48 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gary Brady quickly quoth:

Indubitably.

On the Wreck, it was "Measure with a micrometer, mark with a crayon, cut with an axe."

Someone here has a sig something like "Measure with a micrometer, cut with a hacksaw, hammer to fit."

Irony R Us. ;)

--- Is it time for your medication or mine?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
RoyJ