Birthday Wisdom from my Mother

"Happy birthday, please stop having them".

She says she didn't really feel old when _she_ turned 50, but when her kids start turning 50 one after another it's getting to her.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

An old fella was celebrating 92 years on this earth.

He spoke to his toes. "Hello toes", he said. "How are you? You know, you are 92 today. Oh the times we've had! Remember we walked barefoot on the grass in the park in the summer every Sunday afternoon. The times we waltzed on the dance floor? Happy Birthday toes!"

He spoke to his knees. "Hello, knees", he continued. "How are you? You know you're 92 today. Oh, the times we've had! Remember when we marched in the Homecoming Parade? Oh, the hurdles we've jumped together. Happy Birthday, knees."

Then, he looked down at his crotch. "Hello Willie,If you were alive today, you'd be 92."

Reply to
cavelamb

Today was the family reunion. We got rained out at the 40 acre plot our fore father and mother lived on so we had to use the American Legion hall. Founded 1947, Uncle Glen, still living, was one of the founders, I saw his name on the documents framed up on the back wall. Saw a lot of other names that are no longer with us also. Uncle Glen might be the last one come to think about it. Lucky for us, the hall wasn't rented out so we got a decent last minute deal on renting it. First time in years we got rained out.

I'm over 50 and mom is still living. I'm feeling old at times, I worry about her. I hope she takes after Uncle Glen 89 or Aunt Francis, 91.

I don't want to ever miss a reunion in case it is one where I miss seeing someone that last time.

Oh yes, the food was excellent as always. Many homes cooking.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

:-)

well if err, "Johnson" were alive today, he'd be 54.

Tim, i'm glad you mom is around to see you turn 50. happy birthday.

r b-j

Reply to
robert bristow-johnson

Happy birthday to you and ... Johnson, Robert.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

You and Your Johnson:

Happy b-day to the other old farts. I turned 50 this year as well.

Eric Jacobsen Minister of Algorithms Abineau Communications

Eric Jacobsen

my b'day was new year's, but my Johnson (if he were alive) would be

  1. :-)

r b-j

Reply to
robert bristow-johnson

I stand corrected. (Orthopedic shoes).

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It would bother her more if they didn't turn 50. :(

BTW, I turn 58 on the 5th. My mother never did.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

i wonder if we can get some of them onto folks like Glen Beck or Rash Lardball or Newt Gingerich.

r b-j

Reply to
robert bristow-johnson

That'd be too expensive. Glasses, hearing aids and many many years of therapy.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston