Book

I have an old book sitting here in front of me:

TEXT-BOOK OF ADVANCED MACHINE WORK Prepared for STUDENTS IN TECHNICAL, MANUAL TRAINING AND TRADE SCHOOLS, AND FOR THE APPRENTICE AND THE MACHINIST IN THE SHOP

By ROBERT H. SMITH MASSACHUSETTS INASTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

TWELFTH EDITION REVISED AND ENLARGED

835 pages, 932 Illustrations

BOSTON INDUSTRIAL EDUCATION BOOK COMPANY

1940

Copyright, 1910, 1912, 1915, 1917, 1919, 1922, 1925, 1930

Pretty neat. The cover page is signed by my grandfather:

WmB.George

304 Philidelphia Amarillo Tex Phone 2240

He started and ran a casting shop in Amarillo with the kids working too, until he went to San Antonio and Lackland, from which he retired.

He was an unparalled mechanic and loved old cars. His latest were a 1940 Cadillac and a 1960 BMW.

That's George, as in King George. Don't if anyone else does, but I kinda' miss that old man. Rave over, return to your regularly schedulded programs.

wws

Reply to
wws

I think Lindsay reprinted this one but of course your original is much cooler!

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

"swivalling the headstock": for steep tapers. If a man can make it a man can break it. Thanks for the reply and don't mind me, I'm off work and bored to tears.

wws

Reply to
wws