Bosch grinder disasembly

I'm taking apart that Bosch grinder that I found & fixed the switch on. And I have a problem. After taking out the screws that hold the front bevel gears housing, it won't come off. I know that it won't slide off the armature shaft without removing that gear, but usually it will come away from the main housing with the whole armature sliding out. But it won't.

On the parts diagram:

looks like the "air deflector ring" (#31, lower right) needs to come out with the armature & it could be pretty tight. Before I start forcing it, is there something else that might be holding it & needs to be removed first?

Before I start forcing I want to be sure that it's the right way, Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt