Bosch drill

My old (30+years) Bosch two speed hammer drill shed a tooth off a cog a few days ago after one of those oversize blacksmith style drill bits snarled up
and stalled the drill in a nanosecond :-( A few attempts at buying spares online looked promising initially but failed do the the part being obsolete. [1]
So I need to replace it. It was a great drill without one of those stupidly unreliable trigger operated speed controllers and served me well for 3 decades. I'd like to try and replace it with as near to ''like for like'' as possible. Suggestions and recommendations please for a new drill that's built to last and will stand up to serious work on occasion like concrete drilling and 1" blacksmith drill bits.
Thanks Julian.
[1] I don't suppose anyone has the capability to make a new gear to a pattern for not too much cash?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Julian wrote:

I have to say, you want an SDS pnuematic drill for concrete drilling, but for a bomb-proof 2 speed hammer drill, I would recommend the Makita HP2010N.
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Hammer%20Drills%20Makita&product ’614
http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?page (&srch=hp2010n&x=0&y=0#
Add pictures here
βœ–

I can recommend the Wolf Sapphire 76, as mine has served me well for 34 years, though availability might a little restricted nowadays <G>
Cliff Coggin.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Try HPC Gears for a replacement gear. Just send them the gear and they will give you a quote

Add pictures here
βœ–

If you want to go down the Bosch Road then you should look for the Blue Series. The normal handy-tools from Bosch are of the green series and are for hobby use. The blue series are tools for proff's.
I will not comment the price for blue Bosch but if you buy a new one and use the new one for 3 decades, does the price really matter that much?
--
Uffe Bζrentsen

Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks, that's useful info, the one I have is indeed a blue one which is probably the reason it lasted so well. I'll look again at Bosch, and AAMOF I've just had a round robin email of tooled-up.com offering a special price on a Bosch drill.
Julian.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Julian wrote:

Silly question - have you asked Bosch if they still carry spares?
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Miles Tool and Machinery Centre was who I used. Exploded parts diagrams are available on-line. First I ordered a gear assembly - reply stated obsolete after a few days. I then tried again and ordered just the cog in question, nothing heard for about two weeks so I started to think my luck was in, but then another ''part obsolete'' reply. To be honest it comes as no surprise - you can't really expect parts for a small drill after 30 + years really.
Julian.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Julian wrote:

Actually yes ... and a lot of this stuff is only available from the manufacturer, hence the suggestion to try them. I doubt that anywhere other that Bosch would be bothered to hold spares.
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Are you suggesting that the Bosch factory in Germany would be willing to deal with an individual living in Warrington? I'd be very grateful if you could provide some form of contact details so that I could make enquiries.
My previous experience with Bosch (fuel injectors for cars etc) has always been via an agent or distributor in the UK - I assume Miles Tool and Machinery is an agent. I'll telephone them on Monday and see what the situation actually is and what their efforts have been so far WRT spares....
Julian.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Julian wrote:

http://www.powertools-aftersalesservice.com/public/bosch I have been surprised in the past when looking for spares on these types of product, and I would expect third party spares sites to be doing their homework, but THAT has not been the case in the past. I've had offers of new goods when a spare WAS available and delays in replying just seem part of the 'you have to buy a new one' process :(
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

I tried the part numbers in that link and got no results.
If you look here: http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID (561&strParent=search and look for item #'s 16 and 19 you'll see what I tried to order. As you can now see, me trying to order the parts has resulted in them being deleted from the ''add to basket'' facility.
I think I've had it really, but you've got to try!
Julian.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Julian wrote:

http://www.powertools-aftersalesservice.com/public/bosch put in 0603149042 and it will find the drill, which will give you the same breakdown picture with a list of parts and prices Transfer to shopping basket is on teh tol line, after you have selected the tick box for the part ( it even appears ion the drawing ;) )
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Lester Caine wrote:

Must get around to changing this keyboard .... Transfer to shopping basket is on THE TOP line, after you have selected the tick box for the part ( it even appears ON the drawing ;) )
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Finger transplant?
:-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Add pictures here
βœ–
Mark Rand wrote:

Probably need that as well .... after getting a new brain ;)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

βœ–

HI I might be able to make a new or repair your old gear, PM me if you are interested. Peter
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks, it's item 19 on this diagram:
http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID (561&strParent=search
What do you think, I'd say making one of these gears for a hand drill would be pretty much a crackers proposition, but if you fancy a challenge?!
Julian
Add pictures here
βœ–

From the pic it seems to be a 'simple'spur gear, I can not tell what the material is or what the bore is like but if you are desperate I think it could be done without too much trouble. I would need to see the old one to take dimensions etc. Peter