Bosch drill

City Electrical Factors who are nationwide are approved Bosch agents.I buy only spares from them. Mark.

Have you tried the Bosch web site http://www.bosch-pt.co.uk/professional/service/sparepartsservice/sparepartsservice.shtml and/or talking directly to them. They have always been very helpful when I've dealt with them.
John H
Julian wrote:

Julian,
I just looked at my Bosch drill and it's a CSB 520 2E with the electronic trigger speed control. I bought it about 1985 to replace a B&D that decided to commit suicide by loosening a screw and taking out the fan blades. The only thing that's failed on the Bosch has been the strain relief on the mains lead, everything else including the trigger speed controller has been fine. The most abuse it has seen IIRC was drilling deep holes in concrete fence post footings to help break them up, that got it smelling a bit hot. It's still going. I'm quite impressed with Bosch products, I've not had one fail yet. My big angle grinder is a Metabo 5", the other is a blue Bosch 4.5" which is much lighter and nicer for single handed use. All the other Bosch stuff is green DIY stuff and seems to stand up well to my use.