Bosch type Pump

Hi All
Can anybody help?
I have a Chinese twin 295CMA diesel marine engine. This engine was imported
by AJ Marine Diesels who I rang today. They told me that they no longer
import this engine due to low demand and loosing contact with the agent but
they have some spares left.
This engine was removed from a boat some time ago, probably 2-3 years or
more ago, as the owner was concerned over its reliability. I was told it
had some work done on the injection pump twice but the owner was not happy
and had another brand of engine fitted. Anyway I ended up with this
engine/gearbox and now its the time to look at it. On initial
investigation the pump has definitely been fiddled with as the fuel priming
pump nuts and other injector pump nuts were loose. The pump bleed hole has
been araldited over. So I've done the nuts up and tried to get some fuel
through but to no avail. Cranking the engine over, pumping the pump and
trying to bleed the system is no good, nothing coming out of the injector
end of the delivery pipe. The guy from AJ was fairly helpful and told me he
had injector parts, even a new injector pump he thinks but these are all
some fifteen miles from his base and was reluctant to go and look until I
said I wanted it (understandable) no prices were discussed. He also told me
the pump was based on a Bosch unit. Now to my request for help. I have
spent some time looking for information on the net for Bosch injector pumps,
diagrams, manuals or any help at all, but no luck. So if anyone can point me
in the right direction I would be most grateful. I intend to take it to
bits and have a look but if this is completely foolish, find some one who
knows about these things. As you have probably gathered I don't, but hey its
broke anyway.
Graham
Reply to
Graham Hill
If it is indeed based on a Bosch unit pump, then the chances are that Bosch elements and delivery valves will fit.
Pump general details:
for the A series (small) pump
for the B series (larger) pump
Bit of blurb about pumps and injectors and more pictures:
Peter
Peter A Forbes