Bridgeport ID help

I lookked at an older bridgeport and have the # off of it. It is an old M head, is there a way to tell when the machine was made and any other important info? I have seen a chart for the J head machines but not the M head

Reply to
Wayne Makowicki

That chart has a few typos, but it applies to ALL machines. The chart goes back to 1938, I think, the J head was not made until the mid

1950's.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Well ... not *all*. The Series-1 BOSS-3 machines started out with their own serial number sequence, starting with "CNC 100". (I have "CNC 108". :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols