Bridgeport mill motors

Will the J2 head motors interchange with the old "J" head with the step pulley belt drive? Anybody got one for sale? Mine is a 3,600 rpm high speed motor. Need to slow it down with an 1,800 rpm motor.

Reply to
Mike

Think about a VFD for your motor, it might be cheaper and better than replacing it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have a stock 1730 rpm 3-phase motor removed from a J-head by my DC motor conversion

Richard J Kinch

No, I don't believe so. The 2J has a long shaft that holds one of the adjustable width pulleys, and is fairly special.

The 1J has a much shorter, smaller diameter shaft, and may be smaller in diameter, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson