Bridgeport shaping attachment?

Regarding those shaper attachments that you bolt onto the back of a
Bridgeport-like mill, is the back and forth sliding motion horizontal (like
on a regular shaper), or vertical (ie. up and down)?
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Al The shaper attachments are vertical. The one I have used has about a 4" max stroke. Here are a couple of pictures.
formatting link
AL wrote:
Reply to
Ok, thanks guys. Now I understand.
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.