Bruce Bergman -- 3 phase plug

Got this 3 phase plug/receptacle combo. It is rated for 60 amps, and my welder is rated for 44 amps 3 phase 240 volts.

It is actually pretty big.

I bought it for $16.50 (including shipping) on eBay.

Ignoramus21405

That's great if you only plan to own one 3Ph 240V welder. ;-) When you buy the second welder and need just the plug, you might pay a little more for it at the wholesale house.

Now keep your eyes open on eBay for the next one. If they have any sense, they'll advertise it with the right easy-to-search keywords like 'NEMA 18-60 18-60P' and the actual part number. Can't find the Hubbell book, but in Leviton it's 8360 receptacle and 8362P nylon angle plug.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely kill me if I buy a second welder.

Jokes aside, yes, you are right and I will need a second plug (and preferably, a second receptacle) as well.

I will indeed try to buy another one. I bought the first one from a seller who somewhat misdescribed it.

Ignoramus6309

Iggy, we live close. You buy it, store it at my house, and come up and use it any time you want.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's a clever idea...

Ignoramus6309

That said, you'd have to give me a notarized document of some sort so I could show my wife that it really _isn't_ mine. Otherwise we'd need that coffin after all.

Dave "30 acres, and she still cares what I bring home??!?!!?" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You only have ONE??????

Sigh..kids these days.....

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Of course. Who in their right mind would want more than one? Iggy's a bit odd, but he's not freaking insane.

I mean, come on. Unless you're in Utah, that sort of thing just doesn't fly. And maybe not even there, these days.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders. And Im not insane.

Napolean Bonipart

Gunner Asch

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Only 2.

How many does a guy need?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Bruce, I bought two more of such plug/receptacle combos, same price minus a little shipping discount.

Ignoramus6309

Good - because you'll need one set the minute you need to work on a car out in the driveway, or a steel gate out by the street.

A 50' or 100' chunk of surplus 6-4 or 4-4 SO Cord - or do it the Movie Studio way with 4 pieces of #4 Welding taped into a cable, a 4S box for the receptacle, a cord grip, and a bit of assembly work...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

That's debatable. ;-P Go back and read your "Some days it takes a bit longer" rant from this weekend, focusing on the number of times you filled your sneakers with oil, and then I double-dog dare you to say that again with a straight face. And remember, laughing at the utter absurdities of life is always preferable to beating your head against a wall.

There are a few advantages to being single. Very few, but...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Absent minded does not equate insane Bruce....if it did..most of the posters here on RCM would be firmly insconced in a rubber room, with fingerpaint under our finger nails.

I like to think of it not as absent minded..but thinking ahead of the envelope and developing control instabilities past the design specs.

I understand it happens with high performance aircraft too.

And if I didnt laugh at lifes absurdities..Id not have posted that "rant" in such a fashion.

Lol

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I actually used 80 ft of 10-12 gauge mixed cable, it was fine.

Ignoramus24987

I have the same problem as you, which is that Itend to start more projects than I can finish. I try to fight this trend very hard.

Ignoramus24987

Wrong question. That's like saying two welders is too many....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

================== One more than he has.....

Uncle George

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I thought Id play straightman for ya.

Now if you had asked "how many guns is too many".....that would be an interesting question here....

lol

Gunner

Gunner Asch