Bucket Pumps

I have to say, I wish I had bought a couple a long time ago.

I've always felt it was a bit of a chore to fill the machines with way oil as needed. Three need to be filled every other day, and one needs to be filled every day if they are running full steam ahead.

Originally I used squeeze bottles and they worked fine without over flowing the filter screens, but when you are dispending all four machines to start the day your hand starts to get a little sore. Still I did it for ages until I got some flip top spouts for gallon jugs. That works ok, but you have to sit there on the floor behind the machine holding the jug at just the right angle to fill with the reservoir without over flowing the filter screens. My hand was fine, but my arm and shoulder would get annoyed with me.

After I got the bucket pumps I kept filling the gallon jugs thinking the pumps would fill the the machine reservoirs too fast. Still it was a lot easier than filling the gallon jugs with a funnel.

DOH! Duh, just move the handle slower. This morning I just walked around from machine to machine carrying the bucket and tried filling them that way. It was a breeze. No continuous muscle pressure soreness, and I think the machines might actually have filled a little faster, because I could easily speed up or slow down to keep the oil flowing just as fast as it could without over flowing.

I know. I know. All you guys already knew this was the way to go, but its one of those little things that just makes me smile. Atleast in part because I know topping off the way oil in the machines will be that much less of a chore from now on, and it won't be one I dislike enough to wait until the low oil alarm starts beeping before I do it anymore.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

[...]

After a few months you will get tired of carrying the bucket around, especially a new, full one - might as well order up three more buckets of oil and pumps now so you can leave a bucket behind each machine ready for use :-).

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Then he'll have to set the bucket up a little higher than the machine and run a hose down from it with a shut off on the end...

These things have a way of escalating ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk