Building Gloat

After years of looking, finagling, trying and missing, we have a building. In the front is a 1500' office suitable for leasing followed by a 1400' garage w/overhead door. Behind that is a 1900' warehouse with 16' clearance to ceiling. Across the back is a 10'000' two story cinder block box that will become the biz, the shop, the home and the wife's studio. All the buildings are attached so I can move equipment from the warehouse into the building. Upstairs, we get 3000' for the house and SWMBO gets a 2000' studio for here projects. Downstairs, the computer biz gets about 1500' and the rest becomes a metal shop, wood shop and whatever else. In the shop area ceiling already is a hoist rail loop about 65' long and 15' wide with about 20 rollers on it. At first, I only found single phase bboxes in the building, then found a 200 amp

3phase Delta fuse box. The pallet rack should be up this week in the large w/h so I can began moving stuff (tools and parts). I've been gathering tools and such for years and they are scattered in MANY places. Finally, a home for all in one place! All I have to do is survive the next few months. There is a God, He is good, and I am grateful. Respectfully, Ron Moore
Reply to
Ron Moore

Congats, Ron. There's nothing like getting things totally organized and functional.

Good luck with your new digs.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Have you given thought as to how much more stuff you *will* collect? Sounds like a dream. Think of how many 'projects in progress' can reside there.....

michael

Reply to
michael

Well done!!!!!!

Gunner, adding Ron's name to the top of the 2004 Gloat of the year competition.

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

WOW! - my SWMBO wowed and wished well also!

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Whoooa!! Some of us would be happy with, dream about, another 500 sg ft.

What you need to start thinking about is inside transportation - you can't be walking around that place :-). Let's see - I think an electric golf cart would be about right. Maybe one of those golf course maintenance carts - they have a little bed in back. Put an overhead rack on it for the long stuff.

Enjoy, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt