Bullet trap plans

Ah, that's interesting. I've been using either a flat plate with a trough below it (they spread straight out) or the classic "snail" .22 trap. How do you reclaim the lead for reloading? (Pellet lead is nice and soft, makes great minie balls for muzzleloaders)

I believe you may find that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle may have beat you to inventing that one.

Yes, that's an option you don't have with firearms... I have a FWB air rifle (model 300-S, maybe 20 years old). Beautifully made. How is the workmanship on the current stuff?

So, no "Thunk" then. Hm. That's part of the fun. But quiet would be nice, and no spitting of lead shreds. How long can you use the clay trap before re-packing it?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The southbridge or PCI-ISA bridge chip can only exist with "side-band" channels to the main chipset. There is only one of these possible, and then only if the rest of the chipset supports the southbridge concept. The side-band channels do not exist as signals on the PCI bus, so I don't believe that it would be possible to do a PCI board that provides full ISA -- more particularly, support for ISA DMA. You might be able to get by with some specialized FPGA or ASIC for the purposes of a reduced ISA feature set connecting to the PCI (no DMA and with subtractive decoding for the ISA address space.)

I haven't heard of such a thing, though.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

I clean the clay with a putty knife to get the old pellets out every couple of months (hundreds of pellets), but I just throw it away - I don't reclaim it.

There was a whole era of "parlor shooting" - 1890s I believe, where guns and ammo were made to allow shooting like we are now doing. I have never seen more than just a passing reference to it however. You say Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did this?

My Feinwerkbau 75 (or is it 95?) is the one with the electronic trigger, his is the model 65 classic. Both were used, I am trying to sell mine now for $500 or so in the case with barrel weights, multiple sights, essentially _all_ the accessories... I have not seen any new FWBs so can't comment on them, but I would be surprised if they weren't still perfect in practically every way ...

Reply to
Emmo

Lots of them were propellent fired. 3 and 4 millimeter caliber.

Gunner

Gunner

He had Sherlock Holmes and Watson doing this in one of the stories, but of course I can't remember which at the moment.

Loverly workmanship, isn't it? And the 2-stage mechanical trigger in mine is just _so_ crisp. I've got a 1911 that Charlie Milazzo built years ago, it's probably the only trigger I've got that's as good or better.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I recall holmes shooting at something over his mantlepiece, but it wasn't an air gun. I think he was spelling out "Disrali" perhaps?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

It was a pattern he shot into the plaster, I think it was over the door to the right of the fireplace. You can visit 221B Baker Street in London, and the people who have set it up have been remarkably consistant with the _fictional_ actions and characters, so I've been told. Kind of tourist-y, but cheap and close to the Tube station, so...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Are you thinking of the "VR" (Victoria Regina)?

R, Tom Q.

Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

I do believe that's it, yes.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

.22 "CB Cap" loads, anyone? Now available in Longs! ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Some time ago I saw a magazine write-up on basement shooting galleries for something like .45 colt revolvers wherein they modified the casing to accept a shotgun primer as the propellant charge to throw a slug cut from hard wax in a baking pan. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller