C5 collet same as 5C collet?

Is a C5 collet the same as a 5C collet? I have seen someone selling collets that are differentiated as some being 5C and some being C5. I have 5C chucks, etc, and want to know if C5 are interchangeable.

Reply to
nic.alexander

I've never heard of a C5. (Maybe an improved version of C4 explosive? :)>

As far as I know, the only thing close is the 5C, and its little brother the 3C. I think it is just a seller that doesn't know it is 5C.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Hey Nic,

Then only "C5" I know about is the designation for a specific grade of carbide inserts. For example, have a peek at:

A quick Google for your C5 coletts turned up a batch of web-pages, the first 6 of which iI had a quick look at, and in each case they had just made a typo, and should have read "5C".

I'd be interested in what you do learn though, so let us know.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

There is of course the 4C

Gunner, who has a Kitakura second ops that uses it..

Gunner Asch

The hardinge vertical heads for the toolroom mills uses those too. As well as the smaller cataract hardinge lathes. They made "47" machines, like the "59" machines.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen