Car parts

Today's metalworking is auto related . a good freing runs a car resto business , and he cvalls on me from time to time with little jobs . Today I bored out a door hinge to a 1954 Lincoln to install a bushing to tighten it up - these are apparently unobtainium . Bushing stock (manganese bronze) will be here early next week - and I got enough to do all four hinges , because they're all loose . Makes it kinda hard to adjust the latches and get nice even gaps between the doors and other bodywork .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Sounds like a fun little project.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Looks like it , I got another call from him today , one of his customers had a flex plate that needed some bolt holes elongated to fit a tranny . A fun interruption to my block laying antics . (I'm building a kitchen on to our living room , going to have a cellar with block walls under it .)

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Drill press, lathe, or mill? Way back then, you could do this kind of thing because they made the hinges from 1" stock.

Guitar strings are metal, too. I found this today while listening to the old California Jam sounds. I happily attended that 1974 shindig, heard Ozzy whine, and saw Keith Emerson put on his seatbelt and go up into the air with a grand piano to play while he spun around the axis pole. Wild times were had. Anyway, in the playlist was an entire Jeff Beck concert from Tokyo. Amazing.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Larry Jaques