Identifying metalworking parts

Hello all,
I'm new to this newsgroup so please bear with me.
I have a collection of metalworking tools, cutting wheels, bits, etc.
that I inherited from my wife's grandfather. I have no idea what most of this stuff is called. I would like to sell most of it as I have no use for any of it.
Can someone tell me where to go to have this stuff identified so I can put it up for sale? Also, what is the best way to sell this stuff? EBay? Local auction?
Any suggestions, help, thoughts are welcome.
Thanks
TF