Carbon brushes

HELLO, I am looking for carbon brushes to fit a 9.6v hand drill. I finding this supplier here. Can i use one of that carbon brushes here - 'Carbon Brushes'

? The hand drill is one of the expensive types with years of life in the motor and the batteries are good. Thanks, denden

Reply to
denden

You didn't supply any where near enough information. We need to know the

.

HELLO, I am looking for carbon brushes to fit a 9.6v hand drill. I finding this supplier here. Can i use one of that carbon brushes here - 'Carbon Brushes'

? The hand drill is one of the expensive types with years of life in the motor and the batteries are good. Thanks, denden

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What SIZE are these mythical brushes?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The local hardware has bins of brushes here, you just need to get the right size. If you can't get the right size, graphite can be whiltled or filed on easily, get slightly over-sized ones and fit them. Have had to do that for some odd-ball motors. If they're the type with attached woven copper leads, though, it'll be hard to find some. if it's a quality tool, it'll have screw caps for brush replacement. If it's a quality drill, you SHOULD be able to get on the manufacturer's support site and order the proper ones. One reason for buying name brand tools instead of cheap disposables. The other thing is that sometimes the commutator is badly out of round, I had one VW generator that was wearing brushes, was at least .030" out of round. Had to turn it to get it to stop sparking and wearing the brushes out. It's worth pulling the armature and checking between centers.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer

HA!

J> You didn't supply any where near enough

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I worried the humor might be too subtle.

.