Lima loco motor brushes

I have a OO gauge Lima green livery Deltic loco, one of the carbon motor brushes is missing can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain a set of new brushes.

Reply to
Richard

"Richard" wrote

Lima Spares:

M.B. MODELS

32, Conery Gardens, Whatton, Notts. NG13 9FD.

Tel/Fax..: 01949 850063.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks John, it has a faceplate comm on the motor which is in a vertical plane, any idea what this type of motor is called.

Reply to
Richard

"Richard" wrote

Think it's just the standard pancake motor. I'm sure if you ask MB and tell them what it's for, they will be able to identify the part you seek.

John,

53A Models, Hull.
Reply to
John Turner

Won't Hornby ones fit?

Can't remember, my operational loco fleet doesn't contain any pancake motors :o)

Reply to
Ben

It's officially called the "G motor".

Reply to
Gregory Procter

You could always try Hornby carbon brushes....or a new motor conversion from model-torque....or sell the Lima model and buy a Bachmann Class 55.... Worth buying a few springs and brushes as spares.... M.B. about your best bet.

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Reply to