Catalytic converters

"Lew Hartswick" wrote: A sheetmetal screw and a small peice of rubber (hose or innertube).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would have execte rubber to fail. Wouldn't neoprene be the proper choice?

Aside: I am told that it's good to carry a bar of soap when you go off-road. It can be rubbed into a gasoline leak for a temporary repair.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Works for metal or plastic tanks.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Cool!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

"Well, there's your problem!" Wheel bearing grease and a plunger...

I'd be more worried about finding a manhole sealing ring "bathtub" that fits if you buy the non-standard holes. That tub can be a godsend if you are down in a hole with live connections open, the hole is at a low spot or even in the gutter, and it starts raining...

GTE used to be paranoid - air up the innertube seal AND cement it down with quick-setting grout. Then again, if we had a few 4200-pair paper trunk cables open down there, the screw-up potential is huge.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman