Chainsaws

I got 4 complete chainsaws in that estate Ive cleaned out and I need some opinions as which one to keep. Ive not started any of them
yet..but they were boxed individually with bar oil, blade, chain, premix for the gas and all seem..seem to be in good shape. Each saw has a chain sharpener, nearly all the oils/sharpeners are NOS and never opened..in the boxes.
Poulan 2050 14". This seems to be NOS. Very very nice condition
McCullaah 650. A beast with a 24" bar
Pioneer 1200 18"
McCullaah Power Mac 6
Which of these are good..and which are bad..in general?
Are Macs "collectables" these days...since they went out of business in the late 90s? What I mean is...can one find parts and is there any market for a used Mac?
The same question about the Pioneer 1200 (I dont see an A on the tags)..so am not sure its a 1200A
Ive got a Sears (Husqvarna 16") that I use occasionally..but the carby needs a rebuild I suspect). Ive got several other saws that need work....so was wondering if any of the above would fit my light duty needs.
Anyone interested in any of these?
Ive not started any of them as yet, but will likely try firing them up in the next week or 2. Still weeding through a BUNCH of Stuff.
Anyone need any draw knives? Got a bunch of them as well. Probably a dozen or so. Most are 8-12" between handles
Gunner

that's going to depend on what you plan to cut, if anything. I gave my last Stihl away as the novelty factor wore off after about 3 days and I have nothing to cut up, plus I value my face and arms.
Cydrome Leader wrote:

True. While you can cut up larger trees with a small bar it adds a lot more work. I would opt for keeping the saws that you can still get parts for. The older macs were VERY good saws. They don't like ethanol fuels though as the rubber and seals are not ethanol tolerant. The Poulan probably looks good because they are notorious for cutting like crap. Usually far to large a bar for the engine.
The big question is. What do you need to cut?
For me I have 3 current saws. 2 Stihls and an old Homelite 360 Pro. There are a few others around but those are the "NEED SAW NOW" units. One is a 16" one 24" and a 30". Most of the winter, early spring they ride around in case trees come down blocking the roads.
--
Steve W.

On 04/08/2013 02:54 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

As the proud owner of three (3) Macullahs, my advice is get rid of all of them and keep your Husky.
I got all three as gifts. They sit in the shed and collect dust as the local repair shop laughs whenever I ask what it would cost to repair them. I'm waiting for a Husky to follow me home.
I'd like a couple of the draw knives. Whatcha want for them?
technomaNge

What you willing to pay for them? Need photos?
Gunner