Cigar question

Any cigar smokers here?

I got a wooden box, paper covered, at a yard sale. Original IRS stamp on it. Open the lid, and it's Three Star Junior Straights. 8c Ottumwa, Ia

On the side, it says they are to be sold at no less than 6c, nor more than

8c each.

Anyone have an idea how old this box is?

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book

Steve B

When I was a kid (early 70's )and was always bugging the guy at the liquor store for empty cigar boxes, the 5 cent cigar was no where to be seen. The cheap ones were going for a quarter and the ones in cedar lined aluminum or glass tubes were around $2.

Based on this my guess would be from the 40's or early 50's, but I am just guessing.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf