Cleaning welding leathers

Due to the recent heat wave, my husbands leathers have become extremely sweaty and smelly. Is there any way I can remove the smell without destroying them?

Reply to
bren_boo_2000

Ballet companies are often forced to tour with unlaunderable costumes that need to smell good every night. They spray the smelly parts with cheap vodka in a spray bottle. The alcohol kills the bacteria that make the stink.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

Try spritzing them with Fabreeze, fabric softener/deoderant. Works pretty good for most similar orders. I keep a spray can in my truck. With as many hours as I spend in it..after working in machine shops all day..it can rival any womans locker room for Wiff Factor.

Works pretty good and doesnt seen to harm the upholstery etc.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Oh..Murphy's Oil soap works pretty fair on leathers also, though it tends to suck it up pretty fast as leathers are usually rough side out

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Same problem as with any other leather. Saddle soap does a nice job of cleaning leathers. Then again you may want to look to the stuff that they use for car leather although it is mostly saddle soap also. The thing that is nice about saddle soap is that it also leaves the leather nice and supple which he will appreciate.

Bob May

Auto apholstery cleaner with the little brush attached to the top of the bottle worked for me.

Bert Calgary, Alberta Canada

Reply to
Bert Plank

Reply to
kfvorwerk

You have to be kidding, right. Of course they stink - their protective industrial clothing....get him to take them off before he comes in the house, leave them outside, or in the back of the truck........

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Was it in the movie "Porky's" where they had the lady gym teacher that went ballistic at the smell of smelly leather?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

He does leave them in the truck and it's him that can't stand the smell, not me.

Reply to
Sparky's Wife

Maybe that's part of the problem. Perhaps he should hang them up instead of tossing them in there all wet with sweat. Let the air and sunshine get to them. Just putting them on a hanger would help. An occasional spritz with Febreeze or something similar that has been suggested.

All athletic gear has the same problem.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sorry - I was sexist and thought it was you. Mmm, a sensitive welder.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Apology Excepted