Clear coating for metal outside Mil-C-85054

Has anyone had any experience with Mil-C-85054? It is a clear coating similar to varnish in that it drys as a hard coating. It takes a long time to dry. The idea being that it allows water and salt to migrate to the surface instead of being trapped. It is also called Amlguard .

I put some on a cast iron casting of a rooster that has been in the yard for a year or so and it has not rusted. One big drawback is that is it not cheap. I noted one outfit that is selling 12 spray cans for $220.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I've coated metal with clear Imron about 25 years ago that hasn't rusted. Although Imron's not cheap either.

Reply to
jimbobmitchell