Clever Company Names

I really hate to belabor a point, but as a former Boulder resident I want to set the record straight. The man's name was Alferd
Packer, and it truly is a Colorado story.
Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alferd_Packer ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

When I was a student at the University of Aston in Birmingham, we had the Vauxhall Dining Centre AKA the VD centre.
Mark Rand RTFM
Gunner wrote:

Ahh, that reminds me, the Washington University food service had a favorite meat supplier - (drum roll, please)
Will Dokter
You told them you wanted beef with 29.5% fat, and they'd make it up to order.
Jon
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

In Westland, MI there is a place: "My Brother's Bar"
Rich

There's a restaurant in Florida named "Starvin' Marvins."
Elton
Elton wrote:

That's a chain, several here in DFW last I looked
motto:
"Food so good you'll slap yo mama!"
A liquid fertilizer (decomposed manure) application business that was comprised of a tanker with a pump and spray booms, Steve and Harvey's Interfield Transport Co. The fun is in the acronym. Tom
"Tom Wait" wrote: (clip) The fun is in the acronym. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SAHITC? ;-)

Sounds like the local ambulance-chasing chiropracter: "Dr. LeTay Injerd", who has his ads pasted up on about half of the local billboards, or the dentist who practices in the same building complex: "Dr. Fillmore", or the dental office down the street a few blocks that I won't even consider making an appointment with because of their sign, which reads "Payne & Hertzmoore DDS LLC".
(And no, I'm *NOT* making these up for giggle-value... They actually exist, and I drive by them at least once per workday - and quietly shake my head at the irony...)
--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
Don Bruder wrote:

Low Ball and Lynch...
http://66.101.212.90 /
Actually had some interaction with them once...
Don Bruder wrote:

Some people really ought to put their egos on the shelf, and name their businesses "smithville dentistry" instead of using their own names.
Maybe it is something about the term "fictitious name registration" that puts people off of using something that isn't their name.
Jon

Speaking of ego. Who ever convinced Realtors and insurance agents we wanted to see what they look like? Billboards, cards, letterhead, etc.
--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

No, it's not to show us what they look like, it's to remind them who they are... so easy to forget these details, you know.
Mark Rand RTFM
Not a company name, but a late friend, owned a Venetian blind firm. A sign on the back of his van read "Blind man driving"!
Steve R.
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:52:53 GMT, "Jerry Foster"
<snip>

<snip>
The He's-Not-Here Lounge, a dive in Surfside, Texas. Long gone now.
Pete Keillor
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:52:53 GMT, "Jerry Foster"

Down town here..is a window sign for a dentist office up on the second floor of an old building, no longer used
Dr. Payne Dentist
Jerry Foster wrote:

Oh, now you've started it! One of the reference librarians at the St. Louis public library started a legendary collection of names.
Some of the greats :
Charity Fulilove, Faithful Love, Sincere Love, Wonderful Love, Conception Love and Love Satisfied.
Christian Bible
Mush & Sons - vegetable sellers
Will Crumble & Son - plasterers
Dr. M. D. Bonebrake
Forrest Land - realtor
Loser & Loser - law firm!
Lt. Jennings Furlough
King Tut, Pool Hall, Neva Raines, Roy L. Royalty
A Ms. Olive Green married to become Mrs. Olive Branch
Quovadis McField
Instant Gilbert
Summers Long
Two Gun Carter
Rose Busch, Rose Budd
Rollin Stone, Rowdy Group
Fannie Plenty
Leland Hilligoss is the collector of these, and many more. All this from an article on page 3D of the St. Louis Post Dispatch on Aug 9, 1976, if you want to look it up.
Jon
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 05:34:55 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner

You must have known him _quite_ well. <gd&r>
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
A steel fabricator and erector company here in town called:
"Big Boy's Steel Erection" It was on every crane boom they owned in big red letters. I believe they have changed their name recently...wonder why? -Mike
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Well, there's always the railroad tank car company (don't know if they own any track or locos) called the Head On Collision Lines. Then there's the sales guy that I've flown with who had the airline name of White Knuckle Airlines.
-- Yeppie, Bush is such an idiot that He usually outwits everybody else. How dumb!